In this episode, Eve and Corinne offer website and online presence tips for freelancers, including:
-Why are a website and an online presence important, or not important?
-What are some factors to consider when choosing a web designer, and how much should a website cost?
-What other online platforms might you want to be on?
-How can blogging be used as a marketing tool?
-What does Eve look for in the online presence of people to whom she might subcontract work?
Click the audio player link to listen online
Right-click the link below to download the MP3.
Chrome/Firefox: Choose “Save Link As”
Internet Explorer: Choose “Save target as”
Safari: Choose “Download Linked File”
Website and online presence tips for freelancers
Subscribe to us on iTunes!
Thanks for voting us the best translation podcast of 2013!
- About Us
- Ask Us Anything: October 2018
- ATA59 wrapup
- Client-side conferences as a marketing tool
- Computer-assisted translation tools–What are they? Do you need them?
- Conferences, continuing education, and professional development
- Contracts and service agreements for translators
- How to learn from colleagues
- International payment methods for translators
- Life as a digital nomad: an interview with German to English translator Katie Schober
- Maintaining your second (third, etc.) language
- Our favorite new tips and tricks
- Preparing for the state court interpreter certification exam
- Raising bilingual children
- Rebroadcast: Finding direct clients at industry conferences
- Speaking of IT: hardware and software tips and tricks
- Speaking of translation technique
- Staying healthy when you work at a desk all day
- Tess Whitty solves common marketing dilemmas
- The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation
- Tools that keep us productive and happy
- Translating books: with Kate Deimling and Mercedes Guhl
- Volunteering for professional associations and groups
- Website and online presence tips for freelancers
- Ask Us Anything
- Getting it done: productivity and time management tips
- Setting goals for your freelance business
- Being a freelancer and being a dad
- Being a freelancer and being a mom
- Book launch: Eve and Corinne’s new publications
- Exploiting Your Subject Matter Expertise
- The basics of direct client marketing
- The freelance juggling act: balancing work, family and the rest of life
- Tips from a project manager turned freelance translator
- Insider tips for working with translation agencies
- Q&A: Finding direct clients through industry conferences
- Translating outside the box: beyond legal, financial, and medical
- Q&A call: freelance sabbaticals abroad, Part I
- Speaking of Interpreting
- Work/life balance rerun: in memory of Andy Bell
- Q&A call: freelance sabbaticals abroad, Part II
- So you want to translate books?
- Software localization: insights from the translator and PM perspectives
- Handling the holidays as a freelancer
- Jost Zetzsche solves your translation technology problems
- How to write a great translator resume
- International payment methods: an overview
- Insider tips for a successful freelance business
- Podcast archives
Keep in touch!Click here to join Speaking of Translation's no-spam mailing list