Thanks to our friends Veronika Demichelis and Madalena Sanchez Zampaulo at Smart Habits for Translators, for asking us to record another joint episode!
Our topic this time around is boundaries and sticky situations:
- How to handle non-paying clients, especially if you know them personally
- What to do when a dream client wants to work with you…but can only pay a fraction of your normal rate
- How to respond to rude/unprofessional feedback from an editor
- What to do when you pour your heart and soul into a translation test…and you fail it
- How to handle drama and misunderstandings when you volunteer for a professional association
- How to set boundaries so that stress and negativity don’t affect your self-esteem or your personal life
Download the audio file here.