Q&A call: insider tips for a successful freelance business
(aired live on January 25, 2012)
Eve Bodeux, Corinne McKay and surprise guest Chris Durban answer questions about translation QA software, marketing to direct clients, finding well-paying translation agencies, the future of translation and localization management, managing your time as a freelancer and selecting the best translation tool for you.
Click the audio player link to listen
Right-click the link below to download the MP3.
Chrome/Firefox: Choose “Save Link As”
Internet Explorer: Choose “Save target as”
Safari: Choose “Download Linked File”
Insider tips for a successful freelance business
Links mentioned in the January 2012 Q&A call:
- Toggl, an online time tracking tool (also available for smartphone)
- Stever Robbins, the time management guru. Also available on iTunes
- Translators Training, see how 20 different translation tools translate the same Word document.
- XBench, a free translation QA tool
- About Translation, translation tech guru Riccardo Schiaffino’s blog
- The Prosperous Translator, Chris Durban’s book
- Payment Practices, the translation client rating database