In this episode, Eve and Corinne share some new tips and tricks to help you work more efficiently and learn new skills. Including:
- Text-to-speech proofreading (having your computer read your translations out loud). Addendum: the text-to-speech engine in MS Word is available for Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Speech-to-text dictation in Excel (rather than retyping those tedious numbers)
- Using a tablet as a second monitor
- Kutools for Excel, an MS Office add-on that lets you–among other things–search across multiple Excel files
- ORCIT, the European Union’s Online Resources for Conference Interpreter Training course (thanks to Tamara Muroiwa for the recommendation)
- PayPal.Me, a money request that uses only a link
- The Infinity USB digital foot pedal, for controlling video and audio on your computer using your foot instead of the keyboard
- Alt-Shift-Control, for highlighting non-contiguous text in MS Word
Click the audio player link to listen online
Right-click the link below to download the MP3.
Chrome/Firefox: Choose “Save Link As”
Internet Explorer: Choose “Save target as”
Safari: Choose “Download Linked File”
Ask Us Anything