In this episode, Eve and Corinne offer a variety of hardware and software tips and tricks for self-employed translators who manage their own computer systems. Including:
- Our own hardware and software setups, with suggestions on our favorite items
- How to prepare for and recover from a major computer crash
- Backup systems and how to use them
- Our favorite software tools
- Computer “fads” that we just don’t get
We both recently survived major IT disasters, so this topic seemed timely and important! If you have other IT suggestions for fellow translators, let us know in the comments.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Click the audio player link to listen online
Right-click the link below to download the MP3.
Chrome/Firefox: Choose “Save Link As”
Internet Explorer: Choose “Save target as”
Safari: Choose “Download Linked File”
Speaking of IT: hardware and software tips and tricks