In this episode, Eve and Corinne offer website and online presence tips for freelancers, including:
-Why are a website and an online presence important, or not important?
-What are some factors to consider when choosing a web designer, and how much should a website cost?
-What other online platforms might you want to be on?
-How can blogging be used as a marketing tool?
-What does Eve look for in the online presence of people to whom she might subcontract work?
Click the audio player link to listen online
Right-click the link below to download the MP3.
Chrome/Firefox: Choose “Save Link As”
Internet Explorer: Choose “Save target as”
Safari: Choose “Download Linked File”
Website and online presence tips for freelancers
Don’t let everyone else have all the fun! Subscribe!
Find us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher
Thanks for voting us the best translation podcast of 2013!
- About Us
- Ask Us Anything: October 2018
- ATA59 wrapup
- Client-side conferences as a marketing tool
- Computer-assisted translation tools–What are they? Do you need them?
- Conferences, continuing education, and professional development
- Contracts and service agreements for translators
- How to learn from colleagues
- International payment methods for translators
- Life as a digital nomad: an interview with German to English translator Katie Schober
- Maintaining your second (third, etc.) language
- Our favorite new tips and tricks
- Panel discussion: freelancing during the COVID pandemic
- Preparing for the state court interpreter certification exam
- Raising bilingual children
- Rebroadcast: Finding direct clients at industry conferences
- Speaking of IT: hardware and software tips and tricks
- Speaking of translation technique
- Staying healthy when you work at a desk all day
- Tess Whitty solves common marketing dilemmas
- The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation
- Tools that keep us productive and happy
- Translating books: with Kate Deimling and Mercedes Guhl
- Volunteering for professional associations and groups
- Website and online presence tips for freelancers
- Ask Us Anything
- Getting it done: productivity and time management tips
- Setting goals for your freelance business
- Being a freelancer and being a dad
- Being a freelancer and being a mom
- Book launch: Eve and Corinne’s new publications
- Exploiting Your Subject Matter Expertise
- The basics of direct client marketing
- The freelance juggling act: balancing work, family and the rest of life
- Tips from a project manager turned freelance translator
- Insider tips for working with translation agencies
- Q&A: Finding direct clients through industry conferences
- Translating outside the box: beyond legal, financial, and medical
- Q&A call: freelance sabbaticals abroad, Part I
- Speaking of Interpreting
- Work/life balance rerun: in memory of Andy Bell
- Q&A call: freelance sabbaticals abroad, Part II
- So you want to translate books?
- Software localization: insights from the translator and PM perspectives
- Handling the holidays as a freelancer
- Jost Zetzsche solves your translation technology problems
- How to write a great translator resume
- International payment methods: an overview
- Insider tips for a successful freelance business
- Podcast archives
Keep in touch!Click here to join Speaking of Translation's no-spam mailing list